Oh no you don’t.
Then let me tell you what is Manglish.
Malaysian + English = Manglish , get it???
Practically the main trick of using Manglish is the word “LAH”
“LAH” is the soul of Manglish, adding “LAH”s in each ending sentence becomes Manglish.
Ways of Using “LAH”
What lah you. (What is wrong with you.)“LOH” is sometimes use as a substitute of “LAH”
Why lah. (Why?)
Cannot lah… (Can’t….)
Don’t lah …. (Please don’…)
Don’t want lah. (Nope, I don’t want it.)
Where got lah. (No such thing)
Got Lah. (Yes, we have)
Stupid Lah. (You’re Stupid)
Your Mother Lah. (You’re Mom ) ^_^
You Loh. (You)“ONE” originated from Mandarin word 的(de)
Got Loh. (We have)
Don’t want loh. ( I don’t want it.)
My one, your one (Mine and yours)“MEH”/”AH” as used in questioning.
Why you so funny one? (You’re funny.)
Where got like this one? (There is no such thing.)
You never tell to me one! (You did not tell me.)
Yerr….you so *geli one. (Yuck, you’re gross.) *geli = digusting/gross
Really meh?/ Really ah? (Really?)“IS IT” used in emphasizing a sentence.
Like this can meh? Like this can ah? (Is this possible?)
Cannot meh?/ Cannot ah? (Can’t?)
No meh? / No ah? (Cannot?)
Finish already meh? / Finish already ah? (Is it done?)
You think you very clever is it!! (Don’t be so full of yourself.)These are examples of using Manglish:
You no brain one is it!! (You’re dumb! )
Your mother never teach you is it!! (You’re uneducated! )
Very funny is it!! (which means: its not funny at all)
Example 1:
Richard: “Eh, you today how?”Example 2 :
Richard: “Hey, how’s your day?”
Lily: “Okay,okay lah, why?”
Lily: “Yeah I’m fine, why?”
Lily: “No lah, just asking only mah. I care about you loh”
Richard: “Nothing particular, just trying to be concern.”
Lily:”Why you act so weird one”
Lily”You’re acting kinda weird”
Richard”Ahyoo….care about you also cannot..”
Lily: “Just trying to be concern about you. “
Lily: “Okay loh”
Lily: “Alright”
Customer: “*Tauke , I want Milo Ais satu”
Customer: “Hi, can I have one Chocolate ice blended”
(Okay don’t ask me why milo ais = chocolate ice blended, cause I can’t think of anthing else that is suitable.)
*Tauke = boss (but you can call a waiter Tauke too because its seems to be polite, okay I lied)
Waiter:”Okay okay.”
Waiter: “Got it.”
Customer: “Fuiyoh, today weather so hot one.”
Customer: “The weather is really warm today.”
Customer: “Eh tauke, faster a bit can or not?!”
Customer” “Hey, can you speed up my order?”
Waiter: “Yalah. *screams* MILO AIS SATU, CEPAT!!”
Waiter: “Yeah sure.”
Happy Reading. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment